[Histonet] Microtome feedback

Lynette Pavelich LPaveli1 <@t> hurleymc.com
Mon Aug 20 09:27:35 CDT 2012

We purchased the Leica RM2255 just over a year ago. It is the only one we have and is primarily used by one tech. In her absence, others use her machine. What is great about it, is that it is VERY easy to adapt to it. The controls are easy to figure out, cuts beautiful slides, and can be used either manually or completely automatic. Additionally, it has a "homing" option for the block holder.........pretty handy if you need to adjust the block holder often!
In the future, I plan on replacing 2 more microtomes with this Leica microtome.

Lynette

Lynette Pavelich, HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Hurley Medical Center
One Hurley Plaza
Flint, MI 48503

ph: 810.262.9948
mobile: 810.444.7966

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] on behalf of Fred Underwood [funderwood <@t> mcohio.org]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 3:48 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Microtome feedback

Hello and TGIF to everyone.  I'm exploring getting a new microtome and would like to draw on the vast knowledge and experience out there in Histoland.  The three I'm looking at are:  the Zeiss Hyrax M55, Thermo Scientific ME+, and the Leica RM2255.

Thanks,
Fred Underwood
Montgomery County Coroner's Office
Dayton, OH