[Histonet] Special Stain documentation

hymclab hymclab.hymclab <@t> ministryhealth.org
Thu Aug 16 07:51:41 CDT 2012

For H&E's, a log goes to the Pathologist with the most slides for the day and he checks if the technical quality of the slides is good or not and initials.  The lead tech also initials.

For Special Stains, we have a QC log that we document stains performed on daily and the results of the stains.  The Pathologists also document along with special stain results that "Controls reacted appropriately" in the report.

Dawn

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Weems, Joyce K.
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 5:06 PM
To: 'Laurie <@t> blufrogpath.com'; Histonet post
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Special Stain documentation

Our techs document that the controls work. My dream would be that the pathologist would document in the report with a phrase something like "Controls stain appropriately".

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
678-843-7376 Phone
678-843-7831 Fax
joyce.weems <@t> emoryhealthcare.org

www.saintjosephsatlanta.org
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Saint Joseph's Hospital and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.