[Histonet] RE: Teabags

Susan.Walzer <@t> HCAHealthcare.com Susan.Walzer <@t> HCAHealthcare.com
Tue Aug 7 02:15:38 CDT 2012

I was also tired of digging bone marrow particles and biopsies out of the stitching.
Some people like them because they can just dump tissue in them but they do not have to fight with them when embedding. Biopsy cassettes can trap air and float. The best all around product is Obex round papers. For people who like to dump you can fold them into cones and use like filter paper. They are the best thing for all around protection of small and friable tissue.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Goins, Tresa
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 10:37 AM
To: Mayer,Toysha N; 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Teabags

I don't know if this would work for everyone, but we process our hair with skin scraping samples (animal source) in lens paper.  We form a small packet with all folds on one side of the packet and embed the entire thing with the one layer of lens paper down. Keeps everything corralled so to speak.

Tresa Goins
Montana Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Bozeman, Montana 59718

406-994-6353