[Histonet] RE: Control Blocks

Hannen, Valerie Valerie.Hannen <@t> parrishmed.com
Mon Aug 6 12:21:20 CDT 2012

 Sarah,

Have you thought about using blocks that are about to be thrown out (after the required 10 year retention period)?

We do this,because we know in-house controls are better than purchased due to having the same processing as our patient tissue to be tested.

When we use these blocks, we mark the side with either the "tissue type" or with the stain that they will be used for.

With having the original Case number still attached to the ct tissue, we can refer back to that case when asked my our Patholgist where the control tissue came from.

Valerie A. Hannen, MLT(ASCP),HTL,SU(FL)
Histology Section Chief
Parrish Medical Center
951 N. Washington Ave.
Titusville, Florida 32976
Phone:(321) 268-6333 ext. 7506
Fax: (321) 268-6149
valerie.hannen <@t> parrishmed.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sarah DysartT
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 11:21 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Control Blocks

Hello world...
I am looking for a human colon cancer control BLOCK.  I know I can get slides everywhere, but I need the block (that I can keep forever).  Any ideas??
Thanks

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP), QIHC (ASCP) Histotechnologist Mirna Therapeutics 2150 Woodward Street Suite 100 Austin, Texas  78744 (512)901-0900 ext. 6912

*

=======
"This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the
intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately