[Histonet] counterstain for Alcian Blue (ph2.5)

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:09:06 CDT 2012

Hi,
     We use Neutral Red in 1% solution. (Not being in the lab right now I
think it is made up in 1% acetic acid, but I could be wrong.) It is much
faster than NFR (nucear fast red). It is about one minute to stain as
opposed to the 5 to 15 if the NFR solution is old. It is easy as heck to
make up and neutral red has a much longer shelf life too. The only
difference I have noted is that the stain is a slightly darker (rusty) red
than the *really* light pink of NFR.

Amos