[Histonet] Cassette printer comparison

Davide Costanzo pathlocums <@t> gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:09:17 CDT 2012

The General Data is nice, but takes up space with its vacuum canister,
which they rarely show in pictures. Be sure you see it and make certain
it will fit in the space you have. Cassettes are more costly as they
are all pre-printed with black facing, but look great.

Thermo is less bulky (no vacuum and waste container to clean) but
produces a lower quality print. Cassettes are much cheaper, but they
have had some troubles with the print head not lasting long.

The Leica is not much better (if at all) than the Thermo with respect
to print quality. It also constantly jams (the ones I have used).

Personally, I would choose the General Data. Costs more in the long
term with pricey cassettes, but looks great! Less troubles with barcode
scanning too. There is no comparison between this and the other two.
Like a Kia vs a Bentley.

I just bought the Thermo, and only because my lab is a Thermo Showcase
lab and that is all we use, across the board. I wish I could have the
General Data unit.

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Morken, Timothy
Sent: 4/30/2012 12:19 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Cassette printer comparison
Hi all,

We are looking at cassette printers and have narrowed to three.
The printers will be used for 2D code printing so I am wondering what
experience anyone has had with reliability of 2D code readability and
durability with the output of these three printers

Thermo Printmate
General Data
Leica IP-C

Thanks for any info you can give!