[Histonet] Barcoding specimen tracking, lessons you learned

Janice Mahoney mamawooo <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 14:08:45 CDT 2012

Great Question.  No system can eliminate errors, but using a good system with  standard process will and has proven eliminated errors.  I used the Vantage System in my lab and the only errors we had in several years (about 1 to 2 per year) occurred when staff were not following standard work and single piece flow.  These are very important LEAN concepts that work. I can't imagine implementing a bar coding system without using LEAN workflow in a lab.  Doing so would be a great waste of money.JanOmaha