[Histonet] Frozen section staining question

mtitford <@t> aol.com mtitford <@t> aol.com
Thu Apr 26 10:40:05 CDT 2012

In our frozen section room, we use plastic dropper bottles (holding about 130ml each)  to pour the solutions on the slide on a rack to stain the F/S.  We figure you don't risk getting floaters and the solutions are fresh.
However, these bottles are  "home made" and do not look professional. We have to use tape to label the bottles, and record when they were last filled, and they don't clean easily.
Does any company supply a set of professionally labeled dropper bottles for frozen section stainig? I have looked in the regular catalogues (Fisher, etc) but cannot find any there.

Thanks in advance

Michael Titford
USA Pathology
Mobile AL USA