[Histonet] size of cut/transfer method affect staining?

Smith, Matthew A. Matthew.Smith <@t> moffitt.org
Wed Apr 25 14:18:09 CDT 2012

Hi,

  I am attempting to do dual staining with 2 antibodies.  One works fine but I am having trouble getting consistent staining with the second.  I recently noticed previous user was requesting 3uM microtomy sections on tape, then going TPC, xylenes/etoh, AR,etc.  I have been using 4um floated sections and can just not see the same staining using same everything else.  Does anyone have thoughts about this?  I was thinking perhaps the TPC/tape leaves the cells more permeable or affects AR efficiency.  I am currently going to test side-by-side...just trying to get a general opinion on the matter as immunohistochemistry is not my area of proficiency.

Matthew A. Smith, PhD MSPH
Postdoctoral Fellow, Clinical Investigations
Laboratory of Eric Haura, MD
tel:  813-745-6193 | email:  Matthew.Smith <@t> moffitt.org<mailto:Matthew.Smith <@t> moffitt.org>

This transmission may be confidential or protected from disclosure and is only for review and use by the intended recipient. Access by anyone else is unauthorized. Any unauthorized reader is hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this information, or any act or omission taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.