[Histonet] RE: Barcoding specimen tracking, lessons you learned

O'Donnell, Bill billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net
Tue Apr 24 16:04:09 CDT 2012

Dumpster diving should be rare among histotechs, but I suspect we have
all done it in one form or another at some point in our careers. Vinnie,
yours is the most extreme senerio I recall.  Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Della
Speranza, Vinnie
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:55 PM
To: Della Speranza, Vinnie; Kim Donadio
Cc: Histonet; Morken,Timothy
Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: Barcoding specimen tracking, lessons you
learned

 in order to protect the innocent I want to mention that the "lost"
kidney biopsy that was successfully found in a mountain of red bag waste
occurred at another facility and not where I am currently employed.
This is one of those experiences you never forget but fortunately had a
happy ending and has been the subject of workshops I've given for NSH.

Vinnie Della Speranza, MS, HTL(ASCP)
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
Medical University of South Carolina
165 Ashley Avenue MSC 908