[Histonet] "know error system" - prostate biopsies

Cynthia Pyse cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com
Fri Apr 13 15:36:50 CDT 2012

We had one of our clients looking into this testing. The company does a hard
sell. What they neglect to tell you is the insurance companies may not cover
this testing leaving the patient with a huge bill sometimes $700 to $800.
Known Error will tell you it is a Medicare approved test what they don't
tell you is the patient will almost always end up with some bill, also the
other HMO do not have approval leaving the patient with the full bill. Our
client declined to use this system after further investigation form our lab.
The amount of work evolved in processing and hands on specimen time is huge
with no reimbursement to the lab itself.
Cindy

Cindy Pyse, CLT, HT (ASCP)
Laboratory Manager
X-Cell Laboratories