[Histonet] Labeling specimens in the OR

Kim Donadio one_angel_secret <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 18:03:15 CDT 2012

If you want barcodes on tour specimens directly from the or. Have your HIS system interfaced with your pathology information system. That way when path gets your specimen they just scan the bar code and the patients data drops into thier path system. Depending on the system you get path should be able to track specimens coming to them.

My favorite system I've used so far has been Cerner copath. It was pretty easy to use. I'm sure there are other good ones though. Hope this helps
Kim D

Sent from my iPhone