[Histonet] Re: "placenta encapsulation"

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sun Apr 8 14:31:38 CDT 2012

I took my granddaughters placenta at Beaumont Hospital in MI, we just told
her OB/GYN in advance and he had a specimen jar of formalin in the delivery
room, He cut off a piece of the placenta and put it in the specimen jar for
us, handed it to me and I took it home.  We use it as our placenta control
tissue in the lab now.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amos Brooks
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:39 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; cmiller <@t> gladstone.ucsf.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: "placenta encapsulation"

Hi,
    I would recommend getting someone else to do it for you. Unless you are
*really* resilient, I would expect you would have other recovery related
things to think about. With the OB/GYN's permission (and curiosity) I took
my wife's placenta twice. Once for each kid. The local college was grateful
to have it since it is a great tissue to learn on, and I also had an
abundance of control tissue. The shock on my mother-in-law's face was
palpable. She still thinks I'm nuts.

Congratulations & Good Luck,
Amos

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM, <histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu