[Histonet] Microwave use in histo lab

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 6 04:32:38 CDT 2012

There is the document from CLSI on "Microwave Device Used in Histology
Laboratory", GP28-A. If your lab is CAP accredited, your organization might
already be a member of CLSI (Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute)
www.clsi.org  so you might already have the ability to download this.

It's a consensus document from experts in the field, and was put together
over a several year period at the NSH Symposium, with lots on input from NSH
members. Then it was open to the public, and any other histotech
(researcher, electrician, whoever) could comment on it.

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073
"The opinions expressed are mine, and do not reflect Beaumont Hospital."

-----Original Message-----
From: Hart, Heather
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:05 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Microwave use in histo lab

Hello everyone!

I am currently taking a class titled Current Trends & Applications in
Applied Science & Technology which is essentially a capstone course for my
BSAST degree completion.   This course requires a four part research paper
on any technology of choice in the (students) related field.  The topic I
have chosen is Microwave Use in the Histology Lab.  I am trying to gather
information for the third module in which I need to address the topics
listed below.  I would appreciate any personal input or opinions about the
topic per guidelines listed.

Thank you for your help!

Heather Hart, MLT (ASCP)

Various Perspectives and Opinions
       Provide alternative perspectives from experts on technology
       Political implications and influences
       Public opinion on technology such as the media, consumers and
community
       Your assessment of how effective the initial planning and risk
assessment was to the implementation and usage of the technology

       “You are encouraged to access other users and/or associated
technologists in order to gain insight into various perspectives and fully
understand the applications of the technology selected.”

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential,
proprietary, privileged and/or private information.  The information is
intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender
immediately, and delete the message and any attachments.  Any disclosure,
reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments
by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.