[Histonet] Region III final reminder

Shirley A. Powell POWELL_SA <@t> mercer.edu
Wed Apr 4 16:54:42 CDT 2012

Hi Histotechs,

This email is to remind you of the Georgia Society for Histotechnology hosting Region III meeting at Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain GA April 13-15th,.  This is next week friends.  We will NOT be in the conference center as last year, and that is a GOOD thing.  We will be in the ballroom area where we will have more space.  We have far exceeded our original block of rooms, extended the deadline and now if the Mountain Creek Inn has any available, they will allow the GSH room rate.  Please use the GSH Group # # 78K711 to get the discounted room rate of $109.  Make reservations now at 1-800-225-5292.

If you have not registered for the meeting please do so.    PLEASE REGISTER NOW AS "AWAITING FUNDS"  if you are waiting approval for the meeting go ahead and register for your workshops, luncheon, dinner and note on the form that you are awaiting funds  below the total line.  When approved, then send the funds, or if time does not allow, pay on site.  But please register as soon as possible, don't wait, workshops are filling up fast.

      We also will have Histotalk's Dave Kemler at the meeting to interview some of our attendees as well.

      Also make plans to attend the Carriage and Horses Dinner on Saturday night for great food, great friends and good entertainment.  The deadline for reservations for the dinner is April 9th, that is next Monday.  Please make sure you fill out your registration form completely and email the form to Anne Taylor, GSH Treasurer to confirm your workshops as awaiting funds and then pay at the registration desk on site since time is short.

      If you have questions or concerns please contact Mike Ayers at lmayers <@t> charter.net<mailto:lmayers <@t> charter.net>,  Wanda Simons at Wandrous <@t> att.net<mailto:Wandrous <@t> att.net> or myself at powell_sa <@t> mercer.edu<mailto:powell_sa <@t> mercer.edu>.

     We are excited to have 29 vendors exhibiting at our meeting and more signing up as we approach the meeting.

BioCare  ~Sponsor of  new  IHC Award

BioGenex

B/R Instruments

Cancer Diagnostics

Cell Marque

Choice Medical

Clarient~ sponsoring dinner at Dagher's

Dako

EMS

Epitomics

General Data

IMEB

Lab Storage

Leica Microsystems  ~ sponsoring dinner at Dagher's

Leica Biosystems

Mopec

PolyScientific R&D - sponsor of new award "TBA"

Sakura - Sponsor of GSH Histotechnologist of the Year Award

Stat Lab

Southeast Pathology

Thermo Fisher -

TBS

ScyTek

StatLab

Ventana

Those Not attending but supporting GSH are:

Anatech - Unmanned table

CL Sturkey - Door prizes

LABSCO - Sponsoring a break

Newcomer - Sponsoring a Break and provided totes

Come Experience ____________
 Histotechnology - Southern Style