[Histonet] H & E Staining

Sheila Haas micropathlabs <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 09:17:07 CDT 2012

Not only is it easier, it's more consistent. We use Richard-Allen Hematoxylin II and Eosin. They stain beautifully. There are many different vendors, you'll have to find one your pathologists like.
Hope this helps.

Sheila Haas
Laboratory Manager
MicroPath Laboratories, Inc.

From: Bea DeBrosse-Serra <BDeBrosse-Serra <@t> isisph.com>
To: 'Sheila Fonner' <fourfonners <@t> yahoo.com>; Histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:05 AM
Subject: RE: [Histonet] H & E Staining

Sheila,

We are using the reagents from Leica, formerly Surgipath, Gill's II Hematoxylin (01520) and Eosin (01520) on our Leica Autostainer. But there are many other vendors that are very good too. Way back when, we used to make our own hematoxylin and eosin. But it really is so much easier to buy it ready made.

Bea

Beatrice DeBrosse-Serra HT(ASCP)QIHC
Isis Pharmaceuticals
Antisense Drug Discovery