[Histonet] Position Available @ NIH (Bethesda, MD)

Jason Blaine jblaine <@t> astrixinc.com
Fri Sep 30 12:33:27 CDT 2011

Seeking highly skilled scientist or histologist who is well versed in IHC.  This position is in the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) and thus requires prior neuroscience and non-human primate experience.  Please note that we are NOT necessarily seeking ASCP histology certificated individuals and that prior related experience will be preferred over certification.

The position will support research in the NIMH.  The position will provide histology support service for the complete laboratory (has 5 sections within it).  This person will be the go to person for histology and IHC within the lab and its 5 sections.  This individual will be expected to function as a resource to all of the lab's not solely as a technician but rather as a histology/IHC expert to advise the teams with their histology/IHC needs.  This will be a collaborative research effort and will not offer personal independent research.  Non-human primate model is the principal concern.  Experience with IHC, Fluoro-ruby and green, D2, BrDu, tyrosine hyroxylase, perfusion, brain removal and prep, and much more is desired.

If this opportunity is not right for you I ask that you point me in the direction of someone who may be appropriately qualified - maybe a colleague of yours, or former boss, or collaborator.  The opportunity is a fulltime, salaried, indefinite, contractor position with benefits.

Qualified candidates please submit a current CV/resume (in MS Word format) to jblaine <@t> astrixinc.com.

Thanks -
Jason Blaine
jblaine <@t> astrixinc.com