[Histonet] speed up fixation etc for cryomoulding

Megan French megan.french <@t> mcri.edu.au
Sun Sep 25 18:40:36 CDT 2011

My current protocol for fixation and cryomoulding is as follows:

Day 1 zamboni's fixative 4deg overnight

Day 2 DMSO wash 3x10min, PBS wash 3x10min, store in PBS/30%sucrose 4 deg
overnight

Day 3 AM put tissue in cryomould with 50% PBS/30%sucrose & 50% OCT; PM
freeze in liquid nitrogen cooled isopentane.

I would like to shorten my protocol to a 2 day protocol without
jeopardising the quality of the tissue. I would appreciate any advice/
others protocols. I was thinking of freezing in liq nitrogen at the end
of day 2. Any advice is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Megan French

Murdoch Children's Research Institute

Melbourne, Australia