[Histonet] Predicting antibody IHC activity

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 10:05:37 CDT 2011

I believe the Vatican once tried to conjure the Heavens in such a project but at the end they desisted!
(Just kidding, of course!).
René J.

--- On Sat, 9/24/11, Andrea T. Hooper <andreahooper <@t> rocketmail.com> wrote:

From: Andrea T. Hooper <andreahooper <@t> rocketmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Predicting antibody IHC activity
To: "Histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Saturday, September 24, 2011, 1:24 AM

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone knows of any particular publications or studies that have examined manners in which one can predict whether an antibody in a large panel may work in IHC. Let's say you are faced with 50-100 Abs and you need to determine which works in IHC, but all you know is binding affinity, activity in western, ELISA etc ... what are the best factors about an antibody that correlate to or predict FFPE IHC activity?

If anyone has done these studies or has an opinion I would appreciate it.

Best, Andrea Hooper