[Histonet] AO-860 Sliding Microtome + OCT Embedded Tissue?

Caroline Bass cebass <@t> buffalo.edu
Fri Sep 23 12:36:29 CDT 2011

Hi Francis,

I don't know how thick your sections will be, but in general the AO-860 (fantastic microtome by the way) is not designed to cut fresh tissue. Certainly the relatively thick sections brain sections (50-200 micron) won't stand up very well in my experience. How thick are you trying to go and what's the tissue. It might make a difference.

Caroline