[Histonet] Audible alarm

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Thu Sep 22 10:31:40 CDT 2011

Our processors are plugged into emergency outlets, so power outages are
rarely a problem.  However, when the processor fails for another reason,
it will alarm in Blood Bank since there is someone in there 24/7.  They
will call me at home and we will actually troubleshoot the problem.
We've had several occasions where a bottle was not pushed in all the
way, and I can walk someone through that over the phone.
Laurie colbert

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Scott,
Allison D
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:44 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Audible alarm

Hello to all in histoland.  We recently had a issue withour tissue
processor in regards to a power outage.  Once the popwer came back on
the processor was in a power out stage and did not process our blocks.
Does any one have an external alarm attached to their tissue processor
that would alarm in another area when a problem occurs or a automatic
dialer that would start calling people.  We are using a UPS back up
power box on both of our processors right now.  I'm trying to see which
would be the best way to resolve this issue.  Any help in this matter
will be greatly appreciated.

Allison Scott HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
LBJ Hospital
Houston, Texas 77026
713-566-5287
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and any attachments from
your computer system.

To the extent the information in this e-mail and any attachments contain

protected health information as defined by the Health Insurance
Portability
and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA"), PL 104-191; 45 CFR Parts 160
and
164; or Chapter 181, Texas Health and Safety Code, it is confidential
and/or
privileged.  This e-mail may also be confidential and/or privileged
under
Texas law.  The e-mail is for the use of only the individual or entity
named
above.  If you are not the intended recipient, or any authorized
representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any
review, dissemination or copying of this e-mail and its attachments is
strictly prohibited.