[Histonet] used microscope vendors

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 09:12:40 CDT 2011

Try eBay. I have seen good instruments for sale there.
René J.

--- On Tue, 9/20/11, Caroline Bass <cebass <@t> buffalo.edu> wrote:

From: Caroline Bass <cebass <@t> buffalo.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] used microscope vendors
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 5:30 PM

Can anyone recommend a good source for either used microscopes or an inexpensive brand? I'm looking for a basic inverted microscope for very basic cell counts, and quick looks for cell viability and health. This is very much a quick in and out scope for students to kick around and abuse. I'm purchasing a fluorescent microscope for more extensive needs. I've looked on ebay and a couple other places, but the market is inundated with scopes that it makes it difficult to figure out.

Ideally, I'd love a recommendation for a basic used scope and maybe some names of reputable vendors of refurbished units.

Thanks,

Caroline