[Histonet] used microscope vendors

Caroline Bass cebass <@t> buffalo.edu
Tue Sep 20 16:30:26 CDT 2011

Can anyone recommend a good source for either used microscopes or an inexpensive brand? I'm looking for a basic inverted microscope for very basic cell counts, and quick looks for cell viability and health. This is very much a quick in and out scope for students to kick around and abuse. I'm purchasing a fluorescent microscope for more extensive needs. I've looked on ebay and a couple other places, but the market is inundated with scopes that it makes it difficult to figure out.

Ideally, I'd love a recommendation for a basic used scope and maybe some names of reputable vendors of refurbished units.

Thanks,

Caroline