[Histonet] Question of combining immunofluorescence and more conventional cytologic stains

Min-Han Tan minhan.science <@t> gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 22:33:29 CDT 2011

Dear all,

Apologies for the trouble. I am working on fresh human cancer cells on
slides here in Singapore. I am trying to visualize the slides concurrently
using both immunofluorescence and a more conventional nuclear stain used in
pathology laboratories.

I have tried Diffquik and Giemsa, but both seem to quench the fluorescence
signal. I have tried a GFP-expressing cell line, and the same quenching
seems to occur as well.

I was wondering if anyone has ever needed to do similar work, and if so,
what sort of solutions (bad pun) were adopted?

Thank you!

Min-Han