[Histonet] GSH 2012 meeting

Shirley A. Powell POWELL_SA <@t> mercer.edu
Fri Sep 9 14:19:14 CDT 2011

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you know we have a great lineup of speakers for the Georgia Society for Histotechnology meeting in 2012 when we are hosting the Region III.  It will be at Callaway Gardens, the Mountain Creek Inn in Pine Mountain GA April 13-15th.  The program will be finalized soon and up on our website at www.histosearch.com/gsh<http://www.histosearch.com/gsh> very soon.  The flyer with the hotel information is already there except for the GSH group #.  I urge you to make your reservations now, the sooner the better, at 1800-225-5292.  Spring is a popular time at Callaway and the rooms fill up fast.  Be sure to use the GSH group # 78K711 to get the discounted room rate of $109.  The price of your room will get you access to the gardens.  Your credit card will NOT be billed until you register at the hotel in April 2012.  There are only a certain number of rooms blocked so don't delay.

Our speaker lineup to date is below.  This is a great way to get your CEUs and also to visit a wonderful southern jewel.  There is something for everyone and April will be a gorgeous month for our meeting.  The gardens are in bloom, the golf courses are outstanding and there is a beach for the kids.  The butterfly pavilion is always a big hit with everyone.

To date our speakers and topics are:
Taiquanda Winbush-  HT/HTL Review
Adrianna Eaton -  Antibody Challenge
Claudia Lawson     - Advances in Molecular Testing
Joyce Weems -  CPT Coding - Sweet Dream or Nightmare?
Marvin Hanna  -  The Molecular Pathology Lab of the Future
 Ada Feldman  -  Troubleshooting Hematoxylin and Eosin Staining
Wanda Jones  - IHC Controls---The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!
Ada Feldman  - The Joy of Histology or What We Can Learn from the Kitchen
Steven Westra  - Get the most out of your Immunohistochemistry: A Balance between Convenience, Cost, Education and Flexibility
Lamar Jones  -  Real Time Rapid Tissue Processing
Ely Klar - Human Tissues: Histological Identification of the Different Types

So come to Georgia in April 2012, it is going to be a Histo-terrific Meeting.

Shirley A. Powell, HT(ASCP)HTL, QIHC
GSH Secretary

478-301-2374 Lab
478-301-5489 Fax