[Histonet] RE: Floater Problem

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/OID/NCEZID) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Fri Sep 9 10:45:08 CDT 2011

I have also heard of the occasional floater coming from the processor and making its way into the paraffin block.

Jeanine Bartlett
Infectious Diseases Pathology Branch
(404) 639-3590
jeanine.bartlett <@t> cdc.hhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Laurie Colbert
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 11:41 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: Debra Cobb
Subject: [Histonet] Floater Problem

I am starting a PI project concerning floaters on slides.  I am
collecting data and determining whether the floater is in the block or
on the slide.  If the floater is in the block, it either came from the
grossing step or the embedding step.  Of course, both the PA and the
embedders swear that they clean their forceps and their work surfaces
diligently.  My problem is in determining where the floater actually
came from.  Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Laurie Colbert