[Histonet] Digital Security

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:47:54 CDT 2011

Hi,
    When this happens, first change your email password. That may be the
best way to prevent further breaches. Next scan your PC (certainly not a Mac
or linux right?) with a good antivirus program. AVG and Clamwin are both
decent free antivirus programs. Next it would be good to scan for things
that are not really viruses, but are still malware. The best program I found
for this is Spybot Search & Destroy. All these can be found on CNet's
software website www.download.com I know this isn't really lab related, but
I did send it to the whole list since there seems to be a lot of folks that
this seems to be happening to. Digital security is always relevant.

Good Bug Hunting,
Amos