[Histonet] IHC validation

Tim Higgins thiggins <@t> cddmedical.com
Thu Sep 1 11:22:30 CDT 2011

Hello Histo Friends,

Has anyone had to validate IHC antibodies when you do not have tissue processed in house to use for your validation.  I do have control tissue that stains properly but it was acquired from outsides sources with verified proper predicted staining.

If you have done this type of validation, how did you make the pathologist feel comfortable with it?  I understand pathologist all to well and you can't make them do anything they do not want to do but I am looking for suggestions that might have worked in helping them feel comfortable.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim