[Histonet] RE: Automated coverslipper with Ventana labels

Bea DeBrosse-Serra BDeBrosse-Serra <@t> isisph.com
Mon Oct 31 12:25:34 CDT 2011

Hi Teri,

And welcome to San Diego!!!!!!!!  :-)

My experience is, that you cannot leave the slides with the Ventana labels sitting in xylene for too long before coverslipping. I believe it is just how these labels are and doesn't have much to do with the coverslipper itself.

Bea

Beatrice DeBrosse-Serra HT(ASCP)QIHC
Isis Pharmaceuticals
Antisense Drug Discovery
1896 Rutherford Road
Carlsbad, CA 92008
760-603-2371

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Theresa (Teri) Johnson
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 10:05 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Automated coverslipper with Ventana labels

Hi all,

I wanted to ask if any of you out there are currently using an automated coverslipper and do not have issues with the forks picking up the slides if they have Ventana labels on them.  I have used a Leica and had only very occasionally a dropped slide. Is this your experience as well? Are there other units that would work well for this?

Feel free to contact me off list if you need to.

Thanks!

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
GNF Histology Lab Manager
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
858-332-4752