[Histonet] oops

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Thu Oct 27 14:04:35 CDT 2011

I have done cs before DAB lots of times with no problems, the only time I
would expect a problem would be if your antigen is expressed in the nuclei
and the cs is too dark.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of William
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:03 PM
To: Denise G Crowley
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] oops

Oops. Yes hematoxylin staining interferes with DAB staining. Sorry!  You can
save the slides by re-retrieving and restaining.

Will

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 27, 2011, at 10:59 AM, Denise G Crowley <dencrowl <@t> MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Bad day here.  Left the IHC stainer to attend a meeting and the volume of
the DAB was not sufficient to stain all slides.  By the time I realized
this, they had been counterstained.  I immediately applied DAB to the
affected slides but naturally the antigen is not abundant if present at all.
Will this work or does the hematoxylin counterstain interfere with the
peroxidase reaction?