[Histonet] DRYING TIMES for immuno stains

William chapcl <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 10:57:33 CDT 2011

Dr. David Tacha at Biocare Medical has done extensive research on this very topic. His findings confirm that the best results (both tissue staying on the slides and IHC reactivity) occur by drying at 37 degrees for 30 minutes to remove any water behind the section slowly, followed by 60 degrees for 30 minutes. Longer times at 60 degrees is just as detrimental as shorter times.

Hope that helps. Biocare technical support may have copies of his research.

Will Chappell

Sent from my iPhone