[Histonet] RE: Recommendations for a slide and cassette labeler system

D'Attilio, Shelley SDattili <@t> stormontvail.org
Mon Oct 17 07:49:07 CDT 2011

Hi all,
Sheila asked for recommendations for a slide and cassette labeler system.  We use the Leica IPS and IPC printers and we are very happy with their reliability and performance.  I believe they are larger than other printers but well worth the real estate, in my opinion.  Our printers are interfaced to our A/P LIS (WinSurge), but we also have the ability to print slides and cassettes as needed through the printing software.  Be advised that our installation required that each printer be connected to its own PC and I needed to purchase two interfaces from WinSurge, so it wasn't an inexpensive project by any means.

I think the Leica labelers are suitable for a high-volume laboratory, but may be overkill for a lab with smaller volumes.

Regards,

Shelley D'Attilio MT(ASCP)
Manager, Chemistry, Cytology and Histology
Dept. of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Stormont-Vail HealthCare
Topeka, Kansas

NEED A DOCTOR?  Stormont-Vail's Health Connections can help you find a doctor accepting new patients.  Call (785) 354-5225.

The information transmitted in this e-mail and in any replies and forwards are for the sole use of the above individual(s) or entities and may contain proprietary, privileged and/or highly confidential information.  Any unauthorized dissemination, review, distribution or copying of these communications is strictly prohibited.  If this e-mail has been transmitted to you in error, please notify and return the original message to the sender immediately at the above listed address.  Thank you for your cooperation.