[Histonet] Thick cryosections

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Thu Oct 13 09:29:49 CDT 2011

I don't care what kink of slides you use if you cut 50 micron thick sections
and try to do IHC you are going to lose some or all sections, in my
experience.  The only thing that might work and even this is questionable
because of the thickness is the tape transfer system but I really doubt you
are going to be able to get sections that thick to stick to the polymer
coated slide and not come off with the tape.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Carmen Maria
Garcia Pascual
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:11 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Thick cryosections

Good afternoon everyone!

I have made 50um mice ovarian cryosections and I have used superfrost
plus slides. But some of them fall of the slides when I perfomed the
immuno, one colleague has told me that this is because the cuts are too
thick, and I think she is rigth. I don't know if there is some thing
that I can make to avoid this, like using another kind of slides...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!