[Histonet] Drying oven temps&In-Reply-To=

Ruppert, Amysue ruppert.amysue <@t> marshfieldclinic.org
Wed Oct 12 11:47:19 CDT 2011

For H&E slides, we use the Leica ST5020 autostainer. We have two ovens. The first oven is set for 40 C, 20 min. Then the slide rack is transferred to the second oven at 60 C, 15 min. WE have recently incorporated placing all of our slide racks for H&E in front of a small table top fan for 10-15 minutes prior to going onto the autostainer. This combination works well for us and does a great job of cutting down/ eliminating on the amount of nuclear bubbling artifact. We are not so stringent with our special stain slides. And IHC slides also have their own protocol.
amysue

The contents of this message may contain private, protected and/or privileged information.  If you received this message in error, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained within.  Please contact the sender and advise of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail or telephone.  Thank you for your cooperation.