[Histonet] staining for endothelial glycocalyx

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Tue Oct 11 13:27:10 CDT 2011

On 10/11/2011 2:21 PM, Featherstone, Annette wrote:
> Does anyone have a staining protocol that will stain sugar structures on the surface of the endothelial cells?? Commonly structures are visable using SEM but I would like to know if it is possible to see it in a paraffin section.
>
> Annette

Many years ago there were some papers on Lanthanum staining the surface
coat of cells. While these were intended for TEM, I suspect one could
use them for LM.
I will see if I have some references.

Geoff

--