[Histonet] Green counterstain problems

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 08:23:48 CDT 2011

I think that your leight green solutions is too diluted. Prepare a new solution and try again.
René J.

--- On Fri, 10/7/11, Michele Carr <michelecarr10 <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Michele Carr <michelecarr10 <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Green counterstain problems
To: rgrow <@t> bmnet.com, histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Friday, October 7, 2011, 11:37 PM

I'm having the same problem, would be interested in what others say.

T-Mobile, America's First Nationwide 4G Network

rgrow <@t> bmnet.com wrote:

Good Morning Histonetters!

I've been having a counterstain problem with my GMS and PAS-F.  Both stains
work as they should until the green counterstain is applied.  I cannot get
my tissue (control or patient) to uptake the counterstain.  I have varied
time, temperature, even companies.  I have good controls that have been in
use for years without problems, until now.  Only after an extended -10+
minutes,- can I get a blush of color in them.  I've even called the slide
company to ask if there has been a change to the charge coating
I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks!

Renee Grow, BA., HT (ASCP)
rgrow <@t> bmnet.com
Histology Supervisor
Blount Memorial Hospital
907 E. Lamar Alexander Pkwy.
Maryville, TN  37804-5016
(865) 977-4744
(865) 977-5766 Fax
________________________________

This communication may contain protected health information (PHI) that is
legally protected from inappropriate disclosure by the Privacy Standards of
the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and
relevant Tennessee Laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please note
that any  dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you should
notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail and delete
this message from your computer. Direct questions to the Blount Memorial
Hospital Privacy Officer at 865-977-4675.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----