[Histonet] Poor quality frozen sections, feline skin.

Julie Bilkey julie.bilkey <@t> gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 22:36:24 CDT 2011

Hi Peter,

We use 20-25% sucrose on our fresh specimens for immunofluorescence (IF). We
only deal with human skin samples so I will not comment on feline skin. I
sit the specimen in three changes of sucrose for 10 minutes each. Before
embedding in the cryostat, I gently blot it on a tissue. My understanding is
that the sucrose does give support like a matrix, and it has saved dried
specimens for me in the past.

I hope this helps.

Julie Bilkey.
Sydney Skin Pathology.