[Histonet] Paraffin sections for molecular assays

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 18:38:33 CDT 2011

Hi,
    You will want to do more than just wiping it down. You should use
something specifically designed to clean such contamination like RNAase away
(Invitrogen if memory serves). You'll want to wipe down any surfaces that
come in contact with the block, sections or your hands when sectioning.
Don't forget your forceps & probe or whatever you use and wear gloves. Just
because I'm obsessive compulsive, I dip the block it's self into the stuff.
It is best to float the sections on molecular biology grade water or
de-ionized water that has been treated with DEPC. Molecular water is cheaper
and don't stink like DEPC!

Good luck,
Amos