[Histonet] Tissue processor

Marcum, Pamela A PAMarcum <@t> uams.edu
Tue Oct 4 12:52:42 CDT 2011

We are just getting our second Excelsior and love them.  It cuts tech time changing bottles and paraffin as well as keeping us on track daily for changes and rotations.  We have to VIP, that are very old and one just died.  That is the one we are replacing with Thermo.  The VIPs are great units just could not go the price and reagent exposure with them. We also have Leica ASP300 love but skipped it for the same reasons.

Pam Marcum
UAMS

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sheila Haas
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:08 PM
To: Mike Tighe; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Tissue processor

We purchased a processor this past year and went with the VIP6. We demo'd
several but went with the VIP because of its reliability and quality. We own two older models, the oldest over 20 years old, that still run well. We also liked the Leica model that was slightly less, but I was able to convince administration the VIP was worth the difference.

Hope this helps.

Sheila Haas
Laboratory Supervisor
MicroPath Laboratories, Inc.