[Histonet] decal question

Edwards, Richard E. ree3 <@t> leicester.ac.uk
Tue Oct 4 07:17:15 CDT 2011

Was it decalcifying a tissue fixed in a formalin based fixative using a  hydrochloric acid containing decalcifying fluid? as even storage of HCl and formalin in the same area is a bad plan.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jennifer MacDonald
Sent: 04 October 2011 12:47
To: Patsy Ruegg
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] decal question

Was there more to the question?  You would not want to use any fixatives
containing metals, such as mercury, if you will be doing end-point
decalcification determination using x-rays.

"Patsy Ruegg" <pruegg <@t> ihctech.net>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
10/03/2011 11:27 AM

"'Sarah Dysart'" <sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com>,
cc

Subject
RE: [Histonet] decal question

I think I miss phrased this question, we thought they were asking what
fixative should never be used if you are planning to do acid decal after
fixation?  We still think it must be osmium????

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 215
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author. It may contain information that
is
privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law.
Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or
any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may
constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited.
If
you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose
of
this e-mail as soon as possible.