[Histonet] Ahh...

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 10:25:51 CST 2011

Yes, you can do that but the best way is NOT to take out the individual cassettes and let the solidify individually at RT.
Prepare a container, fill it with melted paraffin and place all the cassettes inside. Then let that "gigantic-common" block to solidify. Melt it completely before doing the embedding whenever you can.
René J.

--- On Tue, 11/29/11, Sarah Dysart <sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com> wrote:

From: Sarah Dysart <sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Ahh...
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 10:53 AM

So I have a bunch of samples I processed last night and looks like I am not going to be able to embed them today.  They are mouse samples, so smaller than others.  Would it be best just to pull them out of the processor (they are currently in hot paraffin) let them solidify at room temp, and then tomorrow just put them in the embedder to remelt?  Or should something else be done to preserve them.
Thanks

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics