[Histonet] RE: HTL Exam

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:46:30 CST 2011

No harm done. I believe that you meant the Bancroft text, and it is also good and similar in content to the Sheehan & Hrapchak as well as the Pierce and Luna publication(s) . All would suffice in my opinion,  as a compliment to Carson, it is more or less a matter of opinion and preference, though you have to keep in mind the publication timelines of those. Your flashcards would be helpful to students I believe, though in my opinion the process of creating the flashcards or outlines yourself is probably as valuable to the intial memorization,  as using them as memorization tools.There are considerably more good resources available now than in the past, and whatever methods work best for your learning- go for it. Given my own past experiences, I merely emphasize the practical application of the knowledge in the lab as the final, yet most important, step. However,  I recognize and encourage ANYONE who attempts the HTL, however they choose to pursue it,  we really need more educated, knowledgable people in the hiring pool!

Joelle Weaver MAOM, BA, (HTL) ASCP

http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelleweaver