[Histonet] Histonet 15+ years old, thanks to Dr Linda Margraf

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Sat Nov 12 01:03:18 CST 2011

Linda, this is a great achievement. More than 15 years!

I found Histonet by way of a reference on a newsgroup (are there still such things?) perhaps in 1996. I didn't realize at the time that Histonet was almost a newborn institution. There already were regular contributors, and some of them  are still with us.

Histonet took off as a great medium for asking and answering questions in histotechnology. This is a field that embraces a wide range of expertise including manual skills, understanding of physical, chemical, immunological and molecular biological principles, and coping with regulatory issues.

You set up and you still maintain a noteworthy medium for enquiry, discussion, teaching, and often argument in a generally friendly internet community that includes students, professors, clinicians, academic researchers, and  especially technicians at all levels from beginners to post-PhD.  Histonet is an egalitarian forum for all who use microscopes to look at tissues.

My congratulatory message to Linda Margraf could spawn a large number of others,  but please desist!  Histonet already is swamped with trivial comments that clog our mailboxes.

John Kiernan (Anatomy, UWO, London, Canada)
Histonetter on and off for about 15 years.
= = =