[Histonet] My bit of trivia for today - True Blue

Tony Henwood (SCHN) AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Mon Nov 7 16:56:34 CST 2011

In Australia, "True Blue" has other meanings

>From the website: http://www.malleeboy.com/music/true_blue_21.html

An Australian country & western singer named John Williamson wrote a song entitled "True Blue"

Definition of "True Blue": "Steadfast loyal Australian who displays the Aussie ideals of a fair go for all, mateship, having a go, and solving problems." (maybe a bit over the top).

The lyrics (& you can listen to part of the song on the above website) are:

Hey True Blue, don't say you've gone
Say you've knocked off for a smoko
And you'll be back later on
Hey True Blue, Hey True Blue

Give it to me straight
Face to face
Are you really disappearing,
Just another dying race,
Hey True Blue.

True Blue, is it me and you?
Is it Mum and Dad, is it a cockatoo?
Is it standing by your mate
When he's in a fight?
Or will she be right?
True Blue, I'm asking you...

Hey True Blue, can you bear the load?
Will you tie it up with wire,
Just to keep the show on the road?
Hey True Blue, Hey True Blue, now be Fair Dinkum

Is your heart still there?
If they sell us out like sponge cake
Do you really care?
Hey True Blue.

If you would like further translation please ask!!

Regards
Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC), FFSc(RCPA)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA