[Histonet] antigen retreval method-mouse femour

Adam . anonwums1 <@t> gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:42:05 CDT 2011

Hi Mani,

This is a very common problem for bone IHC, and there is no perfect
solution. Here is what I do: after cutting the paraffin embedded, fixed and
decalcified sections, I dry the slides sitting flat in a 37C oven for 5 or
more days. The longer you dry them, the better your results. Then I retrieve
with citrate buffer pH 6.0 for 10 mins at 95C. The bone generally stays
intact, although the morphology is rarely as nice as unretrieved sections.
Some people swear by other antigen retrieval methods that don't involve
heat, but I've never managed to get them to work.

Adam