[Histonet] Alizarin Red Troubleshooting

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sat May 21 10:49:13 CDT 2011

Bingo, that is exactly what I was thinking.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amos Brooks
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 2:57 PM
To: Amanda.Phipps <@t> nationwidechildrens.org; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Alizarin Red Troubleshooting

Hi,
     I seldom do this, but I'll bet I know EXACTLY what the problem is. Try
it again and stop the rehydration at 95% ETOH then put it directly into the
Alizarin Red (double check the pH of course). This will surely fix it. The
calcium gets rinsed out when it is rehydrated. The same thing happens with
Von Kossa. I also try to abbreviate rinsing after when dehydrating to
coverslipping.

Let us know if you still have trouble,
Amos

Message: 18