[Histonet] accidentally frozen samples

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri May 20 08:15:04 CDT 2011

The bast approach will be to try to do the cartilage/bone staining. It is preferable to do this than to consider the samples already ruined and incur in the expense of a new sampling.
René J.

From: Tora Bardal <tora.bardal <@t> bio.ntnu.no>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 3:24 AM
Subject: [Histonet] accidentally frozen samples

One of our students accidentally put his samples in the freezer after formaldehyde/glutardialdehyde/PBS fixation. The samples (fish very early stage, of course rare species) were meant for LM/EM morphology studies.
Good morphology is out, but is there a chance he can do cartilage/bone staining? Or do we need to send him abroad for new sampling at the next spawning time?

Tora Bardal

Senior Engineer
NTNU Center of Fisheries and Aquaculture