[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 90, Issue 22 2. FW: How to remove DAB to restain with DAB (Margaryan, Naira)

Keith Mikoff mikoff <@t> pacbell.net
Thu May 19 14:26:32 CDT 2011

Hi Naira,

The short answer is no, it can't be done.

Unless there is a way to release the antibody from the binding site without
damaging the binding site, it can't be done.  That said, somehow it should be
possible to find a reproduce-able fix for this kind of issue, by either mending
the binding site, or enhancing the activation of the already applied antibody
complex and/or  chromogen.  Some really cool tricks if practical or possible.

It seems like it should, maybe with the application of an mild acidic or basic
wash... with just the right reagent, the right amount, right application and at
the right pH.  Something to think about.

Keith M. Mikoff, HTL (ASCP)

Message: 2