[Histonet] Slides for IHC

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu May 19 14:07:53 CDT 2011

I would air dry them well today then store them in a sealed container,
i.e. ziploc bag, slide box, in the freezer (preferable) or fridge til
Monday.  They should be fine especially if you store them sealed up
tight.  We keep our tonsil controls for Ki67 in slide boxes in the
freezer all the time with no problem.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:02 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Slides for IHC

So I just cut a bunch of slides for Ki-7...I am not going to be able to
stain them until Monday.  I know the best thing is to put them in 4
degrees, but will it hurt them to stay at room temp for 3 days?  Putting
them in the fridge gets a lot of moisture under them and they tend to
lift more.  Any other suggestions...the tissue is getting low in the
block, and I don't want to recut them Monday.

Thanks

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP)

Histotechnologist

Mirna Therapeutics