[Histonet] Re: Filter Paper for Harris Hematoxylin

Rick T. gonavy2003 <@t> gmail.com
Thu May 19 09:51:10 CDT 2011

Karie,

Just a little input from a newbie.  I am researching stains and fixatives
for causes of error in one of my courses.  For the hematoxylin precipitate
attributed to inadequate filtration, I found a site that discussed this,
along with formalin pigment, mainly that sometimes precipitate that is
believed to come from the hematoxylin, actually can be caused by other
things.here is the site to check it out:
http://www.scientistsolutions.com/t9487-persistent+problem+of+formalin+cryst
als+in+the+h_e+stained+tissue+sections.html

It may not be your filters.  Just a thought.

Rick T.